Quote

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

First things first. At some point I may begrudgingly change my mind on this subject but for now, let me just say this: It is "two-thousand ten." Not "twenty-ten." And definitely not "oh-ten," whatever that nonsense is.

Once, while pondering my life after a horrendous break-up, one of my best friends gave me some advice that changed my outlook not only on the break-up, but in every aspect of my life. I had said something to him along the lines of, "I'm not sure what to do with myself now." He quickly responded, "Be a better friend. Be a better son, a better brother. Be a better worker. Take all of the love and positive energy you were putting into your relationship with him and put it back into the ones who are still here for you." With this advice as my guide I start 2010. Thanks, Jake.

3 comments: